1. About the Datasphere Initiative
The Datasphere Initiative (¨DI”) is the world’s first global collective of stakeholders fostering a holistic and innovative approach to data governance.
The Secretariat of the Datasphere Initiative is located at 30A, Route de Chêne c/o L&S Trust Services SA, 1208 Geneva, Switzerland. To know more about the organization, please visit the website at https://www.thedatasphere.org/.
2. Datasphere Initiative Privacy Statement
The DI is following the below guidelines for the use of user data collected:
- All data transfers from a user to the DI Website will be performed over SSL (Secure Socket Layer) to prevent interception.
- The DI will never use cookie-based or log-file-based information to identify individual users. With the sole exception of detecting and investigating attacks, we use this data only in the aggregate.
- The DI will never place third-party cookies without a direct action from a user (such as using a social networking tool).
- The only cookies the DI will place without user action are first-party cookies that help us do site analytics.
3. What Information is Collected and How It Is Used
Nature of information collected
In order to receive the DI´s newsletters or information on the DI´s products and services, to contact the DI´s for any questions or comments, to request the DI´s products and services, or to register for the DI´s events and workshops, you may choose to provide some personal information. The categories of personal information that the DI´s may collect for the processing purposes described herein are: family name, first name, organization, position, stakeholder group, activity, main centre of interest, nationality, address, postal/ZIP code, country, phone number, website, social media handles, and email.
The DI, or third parties on its behalf, may use the personal information that you provide:
- to process and respond to your questions and/or inquiries, and
- to deliver you newsletters, emails, or other communications relating to products and services that you may be interested in;
- to provide you with any DI services and products.
The DI, or third parties on its behalf, may also use certain information you provide in an aggregate and anonymous form for internal business and planning purposes, such as website analytics and statistics.
Protecting your privacy and your information is a top priority at the DI.
The DI has implemented reasonable security measures designed to protect the information we collect from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. A Secured Socket Layer (SSL) connection is used throughout the DI Website. Your information is stored by the DI on servers located in France and will be password protected. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its security.
Cookies and session cookies
Subject to your prior explicit consent where such consent is required by the applicable law in your jurisdiction, the DI Websites use “cookies” (i.e., small text files which are downloaded to a user’s device when visiting the DI Websites) in order to make easier for users to navigate around the DI Websites and improve the quality of the DI Websites. Cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the DI Websites and use their features, such as accessing secure areas of the DI Websites or making pages load properly. You can disable cookies by changing your web browser settings.
General information on cookies
4. Disclosure of Information
The DI does not sell, rent, exchange or otherwise disclose to third parties any information that we collect about our site visitors without consent. We will, however, comply with lawful requests from law enforcement that follow appropriate legal standards and procedures. If the law or a lawful order requires us to disclose information about your activities on the DI Website, we will (unless prohibited by law from doing so) attempt to contact you prior to such disclosure, and attempt to disclose to you the fact that we have submitted information to legal authorities (including disclosing which information we have submitted). We will object to disclosure requests that we believe are improper and do not authorize third parties to use or to transfer your information for any other purposes.
Transfer of personal data outside the European Union
5. Information we collect
- The DI collects your personal information when you fill in the form on the DI´s website to be informed about updates. This includes your full name and email address.
- We respect your trust and protect your privacy, and therefore will never sell or share this data with any third parties.
- If you wish to access, correct, or delete the data you provided, please contact us by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Rights to Unsubscribe and/or modify your Information
How to unsubscribe from the DI newsletter and email alerts
If you no longer wish to receive any kind of communications from the DI (e.g. newsletters or email alerts), you may opt out by cancelling your subscription on the DI Website through the link sent in each email you receive from the DI, or by sending an email to email@example.com.
How to access and update your information:
7. Links to Other Websites
8. Social Networks
9. Intellectual Property (IP) / Content
All content displayed on the DI Websites, including but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, buttons, icons, images, sounds, audio clips, video, digital downloads, data compilations and software, is the property of DI or its content suppliers and is protected by the French and/or foreign applicable laws.
Registered trademarks of the DI are marks indicated on the DI Websites and include licensors, in France and other countries. All other trademarks that appear on the DI Websites are the property of their respective owners.
You are prohibited from using, without permission, any of the marks, trademarks, trade names, service names, logos or other proprietary graphic appearing throughout the DI Websites.
Datasphere Initiative Foundation
c/o L&S Trust Services SA
Route de Chêne 30A
63-65 Boulevard Masséna